Smile Design aims to give you your ideal smile by applying medicine and art together. It is generally about planning a healthy smile by combining some of your personal desires with health and naturalness.
Smile design begins by determining the geometric shape that your facial line will match. The lines on the person’s face contain the codes of what shape the tooth should be selected in. Below are the main face shapes and tooth shapes that are suitable for them. Male and female anatomy are different from each other. Facial features are sharper and more pronounced in men. The proportions of the forehead and the tip of the chin differ from the female face. Transitions in women are softer, the nasal and eyebrow arches are more subtle. There is the same parallelism in the teeth.
- The corners of the teeth have a softer shape.
- The smile line is really curved.
- The two middle teeth are slightly longer than the neighboring teeth.
- There are tiny gaps between the corners of adjacent teeth.
- Adjacent teeth connect in a straight line,
- The lines of the teeth are more pronounced,
- The smile line is softer.
In general, smile expressions are grouped under three main headings, and these basic categories also have different variations: :
- Attractive smile: In this category, the front teeth are significantly longer than the side teeth. In fact, this is the case in young people because the front incisors are the first teeth to erupt, they wear out over time, and their length becomes shorter. This brings about an aged appearance. To have an attractive smile, the front teeth should be longer than the others. This design of the front teeth gives you a young, dynamic and attractive smile. This category is suitable for young people.
- Intellectual smile (Sophisticated Smile) : The teeth are aligned in a horizontal straight line. The intellectual smile gives the face a mature and knowledgeable expression. This smile emphasizes the lower part of the face more. At a young age, when teeth are erupted for the first time, their length is different. Medium Age, teeth are the same length. Thanks to aesthetic dentistry, we can take advantage of this adverse situation and create a mature, knowledgeable and intellectual smile.
- Sporty Smile : It’s between an intellectual and an attractive smile. The central incisors are slightly longer than the side incisors. Sporty smile design gives your face an extraordinary, sincere and warm expression. That smile is not as serious as an intellectual smile, it is not as childish and young as the attractive smile design.
- Horizontal orientation : In an ideal smile, the line that goes through the pupils and the line that goes through the center of the teeth are mostly parallel to each other.
- Symmetry : Symmetry is very important as the inconsistency in the shape and size of the front incisors is easy to see. In this regard, ensuring the symmetry of facial features gives the smile an additional charm.
- Smile Line : The curve drawn to connect the cutting front teeth should match the curvature of the lower lip. The more harmony is achieved in these lines, the more the person will have a young and attractive smile.
- Gum Line : The gum line that appears when you smile should be parallel to the upper lip line. The gum line is just like the frame that surrounds a beautiful painting. It will give your smile the right meaning.
- Width of smile : For an aesthetic smile, it should be ensured that it appears in certain proportions in the teeth behind the smile line. If this is not achieved, dark areas in the corners of the mouth will not create a pleasant look.
- Loophole of the teeth : Areas known as embrasures (loopholes) are natural and triangular spaces between the ends of the teeth. For an aesthetic and ideal smile, the size of the loopholes should increase from the front teeth to the rear teeth.
The width and height of the upper incisors in the visible area should be 1/16 of the width or height of the face. There is also the ratio known as the number of phi (? = 1.618 …) among a number of geometric forms in nature For an aesthetic smile, the teeth must also follow this rule. For example, the ratio between the widths of the front incisors and the side incisors (1.618 / 1 = 1.618 … = Phi number), the ratio between the canines and the width of the lateral incisors (0.618 / 1 = 0.618, which is the result obtained from dividing the phi number into one or phi, it is equal to the number obtained by subtracting 1 from the number.
- Tooth ratio : Again, the ratio of the widths of the two front teeth to their height must match the golden ratio, i.e. 0.618 / 1 = 0.618, which is the result obtained by dividing 1 by the number of phi. The apparent length of the tooth should always be greater than its width.
Shadows on the teeth :
Golden rules of smiling design
Again, the ratio of the widths of the two front teeth to their height must match the golden ratio, i.e. 0.618 / 1 = 0.618, which is the result obtained by dividing 1 by the number of phi. The apparent length of the tooth should always be greater than its width.
Shadows on the teeth:
Not a single color dominates the teeth. Natural teeth are not pure white. The color and transparency of the tooth varies depending on the region. If we examine the tooth body in three regions:
- Cervical Area : This area is yellowish even on the brightest and whitest smiles.
- Central area : This tooth area is less yellowish. The incisor area is transparent in different parts and has a slightly gray appearance.
In Four Steps
Send us the photos of your teeth or x-ray by whatsapp or mail.
Our doctor will prepare your treatment plan and explain what you need for your treatment.
Leave yourself in the skilled hands of our specialist doctor.
Write To Us